Campaigns & Programs
Welcome to the Younger Driver Traffic Safety Tool-Kit
This webpage is a one stop toolkit/resource center for materials which are useful to traffic safety partners who are working with new and young drivers.
If you are an individual who educates younger drivers in New York State the following resources are available to you by using the Contact Us Form.
- Public Information & Education Materials
- A poster for your school, or
- A guest speaker for your school
Some of these links are to MS Word or pdf documents. You will need Adobe Acrobat® Reader to open pdf documents.
Cell phone and texting violations committed on or after November 1, 2014, for drivers with a probationary license, Class DJ, Class MJ or a learner permit:
- Conviction will result in a mandatory 120-day driver license or permit suspension.
- Subsequent convictions within six months of a license restoration will result in a a revocation of at least one year of a probationary license, junior license or learner permit.
Review New York's cell phone and electronic device law that applies to all drivers.