Tips for Drivers:
- Stop for pedestrians in all crosswalks, whether at an intersection with a signal or mid-block.
- Slow down in school zones.
- Watch for pedestrians before turning right on red.
- Look for pedestrians when backing out of driveways into the roadway.
- Obey the speed limit.
Tips for Pedestrians:
- Always cross at a crosswalk or corner.
- Look behind you for vehicles turning the corner before you cross.
- Always walk on the sidewalk. If there is no sidewalk, always walk on the side of the road facing traffic.
- Be seen. Wear light-colored or reflective clothing.
- Obey all traffic signs and signals.