Vehicle & Traffic Law
New York State Legislative Bill Drafting Commission (scroll down to VAT)
The entire NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law is posted at the site.
NOTE: This site is organized by article and section number and is not updated immediately when a section is amended. Effective dates of recent amendments are provided.
Major GTSC Program Areas
These sections of law are at the New York State Legislative Bill Drafting Commission. You must scroll down to VAT. The appropriate sections of law are listed here.
- Alcohol, Drugs & Impaired Driving - Article 31
- Bikes & Wheel Sport Safety - Article 34
- Child Safety Seats for Parents and Caregivers - Article 33, Section 1229-c
- Distracted Driving, Talking & Texting - Article 33
- Emergency Vehicles & Medical Services - Article 26
- Motorcycles, Mopeds & ATVs - Article 34A
- Seat Belts - Article 33, Section 1229-c
- Pedestrian Safety - Article 27
- Railroad Crossing Safety - Article 29
- School Bus Safety - Article 29
- Speeding & Speed Limits - Article 30
- STOP-DWI - Article 31
Please note - there are no V & T laws which specifically address the following program areas: Aggressive Driving, Drowsy Driving and Older Drivers.
Rules of the Road